Re: Appalling desktop performance in F8

       I had a similar problem with F8. It would just randomly freeze
up. Finally, after dealing with it for about nearly a week, I had to
replace F8 with another distro. I settled on Cent Os 5. I don't want it
to sound like I'm bad mouthing fedora. I've been running fedora since
it's first release, but F8 seems to leave alot to be desired in the way
of stability. I was hoping that some of the updates would correct the
freezing problem, but they didn't.
       I had problems with F8 right from the get go, even during the
install. First of all, it didn't like my video controller, so I tried
install went fine, but then the problem with the machine freezing up
started. The machine that F8 wouldn't install to is a Dell Poweredge
server that's about 3 years old, and in fairness to F8, there were other
distros that didn't like video controller either.

Jim