Re: Appalling desktop performance in F8

David Boles wrote, On 01/08/2008 04:15 PM:
Nigel Henry wrote:
| On Tuesday 08 January 2008 20:50, Paul Shaffer wrote:
|> I think maybe about the only thing my computer could do that I would find |> appalling is if it caught on fire and somehow burned the house down. That
|> would be appalling.
|
| I actually know of someone who had that actually happen while they were on | vacation. Perhaps we should all install sprinkler systems/water drenchers,
| just in case.

A Halon system is better and not messy. It won't destroy the rest of the
equipment either.
- --

I thought Halon[1,2,4] was out because of the Montreal Protocol[4]. Though there are a couple of links[5,6] to possible replacements.

Sorry for the nit... the course I am taking right now, pointed it out to me a few days ago.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halon_1211
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halon_1301
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bromochloromethane
[4] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halon_Ozone_Depleting_Potential