Pulseaudio Works

I have been trying to get a tarball working and had the usual lack of libxyz-devel rpms loaded. In fact I never got the ./configure to complete. It was one after the other. Then a fellow asked me why did I fight that when I can get the whole setup with yum.

   He said to get these things:

yum groupinstall sound-and-video gnome-desktop
yum install libflashsupport paman padevchooser

and you should get the full pulseaudio setup.

He was right. It worked just fine and with about 15 rpm's loaded I tried my VLC viewer and had good audio! Tried a couple of other things and found that there are two pulseaudio control panels that appeared on the Sound and Video pullout. I have been just playing with the controls since I have no idea what they all do.

	The fellow who put me onto this fix is Jeffrey Ollie from the pulseaudio list. I had never used a group yum thing before.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User