Re: Appalling desktop performance in F8

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> For the purpose of discussions in Fedora forums, "desktop" is an alias
> of "Gnome desktop".

Is that really true?
If it is, it seems very misleading to me.
It's like saying, when I say "car" I mean "green car".

> If you have KDE probs, you might want to create a
> separate thread, see if we can help you at all.

Are you saying that the desktop performance in F8
is bad if you use Gnome, but not if you use KDE?
[I use KDE, and haven't noticed any big difference between F7 and F8.]

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366