FVWM in F8 [was: Re: Appalling desktop performance in F8]

David Boles wrote, On 01/08/2008 11:55 AM:

Todd Denniston wrote:

| [1] at least from what I have seen of it's operation.  Man I miss using
| fvwm, which IIRC may have made a comeback in F8.

"miss using fvwm"? "made a comeback in F8"?

Fvwm is in Fedora Core 6, Fedora 7, Fedora 8, and currently is in Rawhide.
- --

Ok, so I am guilty of skipping 5, 6 & 7, and just now getting around to really playing with F8. :)

Any suggestions (or URLs) on how to get fvwm into and working with the gdm session menu, as gdm does not default to having fvwm listed along with Gnome and kde? Making that happen and getting it working with screen saver/locker was the trouble I had when I compiled from source in FC3, and why I gave up on using it with FC.

--
Todd Denniston