Re: another pulseaudio horror story

Craig White wrote:
On Mon, 2008-01-07 at 11:33 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:

On Monday 07 January 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Gene Heskett <gene.heskett <at> verizon.net> writes:
Add me to the list of folks who had to nuke as much of pulseaudio as I
could without ripping out 2/3rds of kde.
Huh? What was it trying to remove and why (i.e. what PA stuff did it
depend on)? Normally the only KDE package you have to remove when removing
PA is kde-settings-pulseaudio (duh...).

       Kevin Kofler
I finally got working audio back, seems there is an alsa-pulse package,
that because the list is sorted alphabetical, wasn't noted at first.

Ferinstance, dependency hell.. Just trying to remove akode-pulseaudio gets
all this:

Humm, can't seem to make kmail insert a .png, and I'm not gonna hand copy
that list, its akode, kdeaddons-extras, and all 8 pieces of kde-muiltmedia
that
will go out with it.  That's BS.
akode-pulseaudio is harmless, chill. :)
----
Rex, for those of us on F8 & KDE, wanting to use pulseaudio

do we still need to load pulseaudio.sh per...

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RexDieter/PulseAudioKDE?

or does simply installing the packages handle all of that for me? I
can't really tell.

Installing does everything needed. That wiki page was used to brain storm a solution.

Rahul