Re: Floods of Emails Coming In To /var/spool/mqueue

Les Mikesell wrote:
Robert L Cochran wrote:

I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to do an in-place replacement of the operating system. I can install a second physical hard drive, install Fedora 8 or CentOS 5 on that, and then start migrating data from the FC 2 system to the new one over several days time. I can use grub to switch between the two.

That can work with a certain amount of downtime while you install and juggle things although it's a lot easier if you can build the replacement on a different machine and swap it (or the drives) into place when everything works with a final rsync of data at the last minute. If you plan to keep this running for years without reinstalling, Centos would be a better choice, since you can expect 'yum update' to supply security fixes for 7 years.

Using a separate machine might be possible, yes. You are suggesting the that I rsync specific data directories to the new drive -- I've never done that before, but there is a first time for everything.

Thanks!

Bob