Re: Mailman 2.1.5-10.FC2 Problem; Probably sendmail-related

I'm posting from FC2, so I'm not going to have a go at you still using FC2, but I think you should have taken advantage of Fedora legacy before it shut down. there were a lot of security updates provided by it, including sendmail.

I have a copy of the latest sendmail security update from Fedora legacy if you want it (sendmail-8.12.11-4.26.legacy). Also there is a later kernel from Fedora legacy, but I can't e-mail that, as it's too big (2.6.10-2.3.legacy_FC2 , but if you have somewhere I can upload it to, I will do.

I may well be wrong, but I think I'd fire up ps auxw on the CLI, find out the PID's of the sendmail processes that are running, kill them, and then restart sendmail, and see if the problem persists.

Thanks, I will think about this. I'm starting to think I need to have a Fedora 8 server.

Meanwhile, I did an 'ls /var/spool' and got the following output. Look at the monster 20,660,224 size given for the mqueue directory below! Does this mean I have a massively sized mail queue? I can cd inside it but I cannot list the directory. What could be happening here, is there any way to fix this problem? Perhaps it got corrupted at some time in the past?

drwxr-xr-x   3 root   root       4096 Jun  6  2004 mailman
drwx------   2 root   mail   20660224 Jan  6 12:13 mqueue
drwxr-xr-x   2 rpm    rpm        4096 Dec 28  2004 repackage

Bob