Re: MP3 Players

--- John Summerfield <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Jose Celestino wrote:
> > Words by John Thompson [Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 10:09:26PM -0600]:

> that
> pain
> not
> say
> >> Most MP3 devices are seen as ordinary USB mass storage devices by linux.
> >> What's the problem?
> >>

> > The problem is that some vendors put a lot of effort into locking the
> > device db to only work with a particular application and that makes
> > things a tad harder.
> >

> That's unfair, I can manipulate playlists on mine. I don't see how a USB
> storage implementation would allow that.
>

> --
The reference is to the IPOD and I don't think it was meant to be unfair just truthful.
I am having issues with one of the newer ones. All the old ones work but that is because there are
great people out there reverse engineering the db. If it was up to Apple nobody would be able to
use it without Itunes.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?