Re: Decorum needs to be raised.

Leslie Satenstein wrote:
I have been in IT for 40 years, and in that time I learned a lesson or two.

a)  Respect the other person.  He is entitled to different ideas.

If you see a problem, raise it in the context of the problem.

If you see a flameware, best to keep out, unless you can find a pacifying line: I recall once someone complained about some software on its support list. He had a legitimate complaint, but his language was rude (think, you fsckwit!) and vulgar, so people tended to focus on his manner of complaint rather than on its merits.

Someone, not always noted for his tact, manage to draw people's attention to the actual problem, and a resolution was found.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait