Re: Jedit

Lamar Owen wrote:
On Friday 04 January 2008, Timothy Murphy wrote:
Lamar Owen wrote:
Incidentally, thanks for the pointer to jedit; looks like something I
might use.
Why, as a matter of interest?
Is it just an editor, like vi?

It's cross-platform; I can use the same editor on windows and Linux, which is a good thing. Mostly a very good thing for Windows, as I don't have a really good currently maintained editor there. I used to run PFE back on the day, but lost track of where its latest versions are.
If cross platform is a consideration and you know how to use vi, Vim, (which is what Fedora and some other distros use instead of vi) is available for Windoze.

Take a look at http://www.vim.org/ if you have an interest. I've used it on Linux/Unix/Windoze for years, now.

Really convenient to have the same tool everywhere.

~~R