Re: lite-scribe question.

On Friday 04 January 2008, Ric Moore wrote:
>On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 06:41 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
>> Ric Moore wrote:

>> > I ran that search on an HP92 and found that the cartridge is good for
>> > 175 pages @ 20 bucks!! Jeeeeeesus. My Teletype 43 would print several
>> > cases of paper before even starting to dim. Sure, print quality is
>> > hugely better, but not by that wide a margin. wayward4now.net will be
>> > back up once the satellite is installed. Then, I'll pang on some heads.
>> > :) Ric
>>
>> How would a photo look printed on your Teletype 43?
>
>Ha! I had an NEC SpinWriter that could use a routine to hammer, using
>the period (.), out a graphic. BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!!
>The printer damn near shook itself off the printer table. I forgot that
>I had a carbon ribbon in it and it ate that up during the process. Cloth
>ribbons tended to last forever, until you pounded it into submission
>with periods doing pictures. :) Ric

Legend has it that my old 1650-ro could do that too, but I was never able to
locate the routine, and I suspect the ribbons were probably paying off
whoever might have posted it anyway.  That would be death on a one time
carbon film, with film at 11 sure as hell.
>--
>My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
>"There are two Great Sins in the world...
>..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
>Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
>Linux user# 44256 Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/
>http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
>http://www.wayward4now.net  <---down4now too

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Remembering is for those who have forgotten.
		-- Chinese proverb