Re: java again really

Nigel Henry wrote:
On Thursday 03 January 2008 22:43, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 03 January 2008, Andrew Overholt wrote:
Nigel Henry wrote:
I've tried to help folks out on getting websites that require Java to
work. Pre F8 there is no chance without Sun's JRE. On F8 the icedtea
browser plugin partially works. I say this because if you look at the
link below, the jigsaw applets won't load. If you go to the bottom of
the page, click on Site Map, then under the "Help Pages"
Troubleshooting, then someway down the troubleshooting page, click on
"bubble simulation". The bubble simulation runs, but each bubble is
followed by thick black lines, so something is not working as it should.
With Sun's JRE installed, and making sure to remove the icedtea browser
plugin (as it still shows up in Firefox's about:plugins, and wants to
take precedence in trying to load applets from websites (much as Totem
tries to do with trying to play stuff that it can't play)) the bubble
simulation now works as expected, and the jigsaw applets load ok.

http://www.jigzone.com
Please file bugs like this so that the IcedTea people can see them.

Andrew
I may be in the same boat.  The contruction gfx at the top of the screen
works, but the center window remains empty regardless.  The selected puzzle
loads forever, except it says 'done' in the info line at the bottom.

--
Cheers, Gene

Hi Gene. Ideally remove the icedtea browser plugin, using Apt, as I do, or Yum, or Smart.Your choice, but just get rid of the damned thing. As an alternative, go to to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, and remove/delete libjavaplugin.so. I am presuming that you have Sun's JRE installed, and in which case before removing the libjavaplugin.so, you should have Firefox's about:plugins showing both the gcj stuff, and Sun's jre (libjavaplugin_oji.so). Having got rid of libjavaplugin.so (the gcj thing that don't work), restart Firefox, and run about:plugins. Hopefully you will only have the libjavaplugin_oji.so showing now, apart from your other plugins.

Now try . http://www.jigzone.com, and if all's gone well you may be able to waste some time playing some interesting jigsaws.

I'll be back.

Nigel.

Hi and I went to www.jigzone.com and aside from the fact that I'm bad at puzzels, the color is fine. So what I did for the Firefox is working with the new version 1.6 Sun java system. It does look like a good web page.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User