Re: Will not boot after Disk upgrade from hda to sda

I did a quick hack that allowed me to boot up in a relitively stable
enviroment with some problems regarding keys I am guessiing this is
the keys that generate on first login, that get used to check
packages.

I built a FC6 PC using a single partion and no swap, then using a
recovery CD rsync'd the / partition over the top of the install. I did
not sync the /boot, this worked and proved the sata drive and cards
are compatible. I am going to clone the partition to a backup, re
clone the original disk on to the sata and copy the menu.lst,
device.map and fstab with minor modification back.

I am hoping this will work, I may need to reinstall grub but that will
not be a problem.

Any thoughts on if this will work?