Re: hp officejet 6310

--- Neal Becker <ndbecker2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just got my hp officejet 6310.  Doesn't show up as a choice on F8 (with all
> current updates).  I picked officejet 6300, seems to work.  Is there an
> update or does it really matter?
>
> --

Probably won't matter too much. I have an HP ALL-IN-ONE C4280 that installs as a 4200 series and
works well enough. There are some minor format issues but I don't know if it is the driver in
general or my model in particular. The issues occur when printing from the internet(which may have
something to do with the site itself) and when trying to print to 4x6 photo paper. Some programs
do not seem to handle printing to odd size paper very well(default photo programs in F8) but also
when using HP Toolbox. I have not spent any time trying to get it working right because i do not
care to waste ink on printing photos on my printer but if anyone knows a solution for this i would
like to hear it. Just cause it rankles that it doesn't work 100%, though that is because many
manufacturers do not supply proper drivers for linux, which oddly makes it bug me even more.
Anyway i feel a rant coming on so i will stop there!

-Max

Be a better friend, newshound, and