Re: Java Solution

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Thursday 03 January 2008 09:21:32 am Karl Larsen wrote:
    Here is what Fedora leaders need to do to end the java problems on
Fedora. Here are things that need to happen.

1. Contact Sun Inc. and make sure they continue to package the free
package: "jre-6u3-linux-i586-rpm.bin" and any new improvements in the
future. We need to have Fedora docs that explain how to unpack this odd
file. It might be part of the install instructions.
Fedora will not ever accept a propietory piece of software so suns java will never be acceptable. I had jedit working in under 5 minutes using Iced Tea. without doing anything special.

2. Next the small wimpy java 1.51 which is of no use to a serious java
user should not be made available to the user.Instead there should be
dummy /usr/java/default/bin/java file which will print out "Java not
installed" if you press java in a Terminal. There needs to be a link
between /etc/alternatives/java to /usr/java/default/bin/java.
this is seriously dumb we have iced tea now which is Java 7 in an entirelly free form.

I suggest that you spend more time reading and learning what you are doing than ranting about things which you clearly are not knowledgeable on
Dennis

Dennis your another person who says I know nothing about java. Your full of self love Dennis. I know more from one day of study than you will ever know.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User