Re: Java problem

Craig White wrote:
You guys are both wrong. Fedora does ship F7 and F8 with a small java version 1.5 which is too old for newer java programs, and that broken icedtea that does nothing good. But light at the end of the tunnel. Fedora can make the necessary changes to their design to allow the method given on the Sun Site to work. I have been doing the work. Look at my new messages on java.
----
nice of you to weigh in on something you know absolutely nothing about.

On the contrary - he has given the definitive 'user experience' of java on fedora. He knows exactly what that experience is. You may be right that it shouldn't be that way...

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx