Re: java again really

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Wednesday 02 January 2008, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
On Wednesday 02 January 2008 05:46:06 pm Karl Larsen wrote:
    I am going nuts with F8. I want to get jedit to work and the java is
bad. I installed the latest version 6 but removed it to learn I am
trying to use this java:

 java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0-17.fc8

I didn't load this special. It comes with F8. It has 30 dependencies

:-)  I find when I try to delete it. By the way I HAVE deleted the

icedtea rpm's that F8 loads. It appears that F8 has some java built in
but it is too old to support jedit, or not big enough, or both.

i just downloaded jedit4.3pre12install.jar from sourceforge ran java -jar jedit4.3pre12install.jar

then jedit and it just worked. i have icedtea configured as my java using alternatives. So you must have done something to mess up your install. without fully know what you did i doubt we can help you

Dennis
It is all done Dennis. I learned how to use java version 6 and jedit works great now.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User