Re: java again really

On Wednesday 02 January 2008, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 January 2008 05:46:06 pm Karl Larsen wrote:
> >     I am going nuts with F8. I want to get jedit to work and the java is
> > bad. I installed the latest version 6 but removed it to learn I am
> > trying to use this java:
> >
> >  java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0-17.fc8
> >
> > I didn't load this special. It comes with F8. It has 30 dependencies
> >
> > :-)  I find when I try to delete it. By the way I HAVE deleted the
> >
> > icedtea rpm's that F8 loads. It appears that F8 has some java built in
> > but it is too old to support jedit, or not big enough, or both.

i just downloaded jedit4.3pre12install.jar from sourceforge  ran
java -jar jedit4.3pre12install.jar

then jedit  and it just worked.  i have icedtea configured as my java using
alternatives.

So you must have done something to mess up your install.  without fully know
what you did i doubt we can help you

Dennis