Re: X - no mouse/pointer

Jamie Bohr wrote:
Thank you this was the trick I was missing.  I've done some looking
(~10 minutes) around and don't quite know how rhgb affects the mouse
but ha ... it worked and that is all I care about.

Question: How did you figure this out?  I had just finished installing
kubuntu to see it  worked and start comparing files.  I hadn't even
considered boot options in grub.conf.

Thank you again ....

Jamie,
What was the resolution? Removing rhgb from the startup, adding HWCursor "off" or a combination? I am assuming rhgb was causing the no mouse problem by your response. So Karl's advice helped you out.

Jim