Re: java again really

--- Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> --- Karl Larsen <k5di@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >     I am going nuts with F8. I want to get jedit
> > work and the java is
> > bad. I installed the latest version 6 but removed
> it
> > to learn I am
> > trying to use this java:
> >
> >  java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0-17.fc8
> >
> > I didn't load this special. It comes with F8. It
> has
> > 30 dependencies
> > :-)  I find when I try to delete it. By the way I
> > HAVE deleted the
> > icedtea rpm's that F8 loads. It appears that F8
> has
> > some java built in
> > but it is too old to support jedit, or not big
> > enough, or both.
> >
> >      A friend who has jedit working has these java
> > files:
> >
> > glib-java-0.2.6-3.fc6
> > libvte-java-0.12.1-6.el5
> > libglade-java-2.12.5-3.fc6
> > cairo-java-1.0.5-3.fc6
> > libgtk-java-2.8.7-3.el5
> > revamp_java-0.0-3.rhis
> > libgconf-java-2.12.4-6.el5
> > java-1.5.0-sun-plugin-1.5.0.13-1jpp.1.el5
> > libgnome-java-2.12.4-3.fc6
> > java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-1.4.2.0-40jpp.112
> > java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.13-1jpp.1.el5
> >

> > Does anyone know how I can get this list on my F8?
> >

> > Karl
> >

> > --
> >
> > 	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
> > 	Linux User
> > 	#450462   http://counter.li.org.
> >    PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C  ECB6 4A3C 2C54
> FE23
> > 53A7
> >
> > --
>
> Karl,
>
> I hope that it is not much of a problem, but why do
> you need jedit?  What is it and what does it do that
> cannot be done with the default java/icedtea that
> comes with Fedora?

=== message truncated ===

Ok, Karl, and others, I apologize for not doing my
homework.

Jedit is an editor, just like NetBeans, Eclipse, et.
all.
http://www.jedit.org/

It has all the following features:
http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=features

http://www.jedit.org/

The java that comes with Fedora is not all the way the
same as Sun's, yes do what Knute told you if you have
not done so already.  Other than that, the java that
comes with Fedora, in my humble opinion is getting
there, given a bit of time, should do everything that
the original java does and some more.

Regards,

Antonio

Looking for last minute shopping deals?