Re: Trouble installing Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI adapter Fedora 8

Wireless is still in growing pains with linux but i have a netgear wireless adapter that uses
madwifi drivers and works very well. Under F7 i had installed a belkin and a linksys at different
times and both worked without much trouble. I would recheck the basics, make sure wireless is
enabled in the network manager for one, everything is plug and play in windows so if that is still
your primary OS then there is tendency to over look some simple stuff. The model of the card does
not matter as much as the chipset it uses.