Re: amarok-backtraces to amarok-backtraces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 08:28 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> amorak seems a little fragile, but has this cool feature such that it
> reports them to amarok-backtraces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Unfortunately, amarok-backtraces@xxxxxxxxxxxx declines them when I send
> them, and I don't understand why. Here is the message I get:
>
> <amarok-backtraces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: host mail.sourceforge.net[66.35.250.206]
>      said: 550-Verification failed for <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx> 550-Called:
>      58.6.192.22 550-Sent:     RCPT TO:<xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx> 550-Response: 554
>      <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxx>: Relay access denied 550 Sender verify failed (in
> reply
>      to RCPT TO command)
>

> I've carefully obfuscated my email address, but the rest is as in my
> bounce message.
>
> I don't understand how it's trying to verify the sender address, but the
> sender address is correct and able to receive email - hence the need to
> obfuscate it.
>
> Do others have this problem, and if so what are you doing? Binning the
> crashes?

One of two things: First, if a reverse DNS lookup of your IP address
doesn't match the domain of your email address, they may reject you.

Second, if they connect to your mail server and send your email address
as a "RCPT TO" command and your mail server rejects it, they reject you.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxx -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-      To err is human, to forgive, beyond the scope of the OS       -