Re: [Fedora] Seeing input on Securing the Linux system from intrusions and attacks.

John Summerfield wrote:
As I've already said, I'm fairly happy with RHEL-clones' security though it does bite sometimes, but security is not the top concern of either Fedora or RH.

There is no single "top concern". There are usually a set of broad goals and security certainly is one of them. It is hard to find a mainstream distribution that is more security minded than Fedora or RHEL.

Most (of the popular) Linux distros and the three major BSDs all do a fine job on security, _but_ not all of them are driven by that.

NetBSD, OpenBSD and Engarde Secure linux sites mention it on their home page.

Well FreeBSD doesnt. Going by what is mentioned in just the home page is just plain silly. There are about pages, overviews or feature lists that describe a product or project in more detail and what is provided can be different from what is documented or highlighted.

Rahul