Re: Fedora on an ASUS G23-B2 [It works!]

Claude Jones wrote:
I was just seeking a quick answer to the question of whether anyone was successfully running Fedora on this model laptop

To answer my own question, I was able to get Fedora 8 installed on this machine. Two issues giving me 'problems' are getting the wireless Intel 4965AGN card working properly. Its driver is supposedly built in to the kernel, which is confirmed by the fact that it simply 'just works'....sometimes. There's no rhyme or reason to it so far. I click and configure, this, that, the same things over and over, but occasionally with a different, successful, result. Then, thinking I've got it, I try the same thing on next reboot, and it's all broken again... Second issue is with an Audigy USB external audio card - audio is coming out crackly and distorted. Internal audio is fine.

I had many problems installing any distro on this machine, but, I flashed the BIOS, finding a newer version on the ASUS site; the automatic ASUS update utility had not identified it, so it required looking for it and a manual install. After that BIOS update this model ASUS with BIOS Ver212 is up and running with Fedora 8