Re: DIR_COLORS, How to change blue to a darker blue, such as "Navy"?

On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 08:00 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I am fiddling with /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm-color, thinking that
> this is where /etc/DIR_COLORS, 34/44=blue are being defined assuming
> an xterm window?
>
> My problem is that blue (0,0,255) is a bright dazzling blue color and
> I need to tone it down a bit to something like "Navy" in X
> terminology.
>
> How can this be done or is it hardwired?

Depending on your terminal, you can play with the escape codes so that
it's not blue colour PLUS bright up, or simply change the palette (gnome
terminal has preferences for its "profile" that let you change how the
colour blue, for instance, will be drawn.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.