Re: Installing from the 3 DVD fedora 8 "Everything" re-spin [ANSWERED]

Karl Larsen wrote:
> David Boles wrote:

> Jigdo on Fedora, the CLI version, works just fine Karl. The GUI version,
> Jigsaw, actually has a popup window warning you that it is buggy and
> does not work well.
>
> So? You are doing something wrong.
>

> In a terminal, as 'you', cd to /home/<user> This takes a lot of space)
>
> Put the DVD in your DVD drive and check that it mounts.
>
> This will line wrap here but this is all one one line and there is a
> space between jigdo-lite and http://)
>
> jigdo-lite
> http://jigdo.fedoraunity.org/templates/20071218/Fedora-Unity-20071218-8.jigdo
>

> (jigdo will download the jigdo configuration files for the Fedora 8
> updates)
>
> When the questions come up pick the DVD you want to update (6 is Fedora
> 8 i386 DVD)
>
> When the third question comes up type   /media   (nothing else just
> /media)
>
> Jidgo will scan your DVD, compare the packages with it's list, take the
> packages from the DVD that have not changed and put them in the template
> file. Jigdo will then download the updated files and put them in the
> template file. When it is done it will create your new DVD.iso.
>
> I know that this works. I have done it five times just out of curiosity.
> Once in Fedora 8. Once in Fedora Rawhide. Once in a Virtualbox Fedora
> Rawhide Guest running on a Host Fedora Rawhide. Once in Windows XP Pro.
> And once in a Virtualbox Fedora Rawhide Guest running on a Windows XP
> Pro Host. Success=5. Failures=0.
>

>    OK fine David. I did it EXACLY like you say using 6 and it worked
> fine but had to stop it funny with Ctrl-c. But the result is on a DVD
> and it looks good! Since you have had success I will return to my manual
> writing.

I never had a problem at all Karl. And I am happy for you that you had
success too.

Here is a link to some information that might help with your project.

Using Jigdo to Download Re-Spin ISOs

http://fedorasolved.org/post-install-solutions/jigdo/

- --

  David