Re: Mounting SD card with specific encoding

On 27/12/2007, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You can try adding "modprobe -r ehci_hcd" into your /etc/rc.local file and
> see if that helps.  That would assume the module is being loaded during the
> boot process.

Looking at the name of that file, I knew that was what I needed. I
think that there's another varient, with the runlevel as part of the
filename, but I cannot find it.

> > Thank you very much, especially Ed and Tod, I've learned a lot with
> > this little 'problem'. That's what Linux is: a new learning experience
> > every day! Now off to google...
>
> Good luck....  FWIW, I'm now stumbling around in Ubuntu and trying to figure
> out their add software features...  Universe, Multi-Universe, basic.... gosh
> make one appreciate yum.  :-)

Remember the whole fresh||dap||livna incompatibility issue? At least
with *buntu you can just add all the repos and be done with it. Two
features that I prefer in yum is that yum always asks for confirmation
before doing anything, and always lets you know what versions it is
installing. Apt does not. Other than that, they seem to do the same
thing. I only wish that *buntu had SELinux, however.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.