Re: Mounting SD card with specific encoding

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Notes:
> 1) I _can_ mount without specifing a codepage, but then every Hebrew
> character in the file names and directory names is replaced with a ?
> sign.
> 2) The "select encoding" option in Konqueror is grey when browsing the card.
> 3) I get this at the end of dmesg when I mount with the codepage:
> [62231.112000] FAT: Unrecognized mount option "codepage=cp1255" or missing value
>
> Why should I get that error? I don't see a typo.
>
> Also, in mtab I get this when mounting:
> /dev/sdb /media/usb vfat rw 0 0
>
> So, the filesystem most certainly is vfat. There is nothing in fstab
> about /dev/sdb

Hummm....  Are you running Ubuntu or Kbuntu?  I ask that since you mention
Konqueror and Ubuntu is Gnome based and usually uses Nautilus.

FWIW, I installed Ubuntu 7.1 and allowed the system to automount the usb
disk I created on RHELv4 and it displays the Hebrew just fine.  The
"interesting" thing is that the mods loaded are nls_iso8859_1 and nls_cp437.

So, details on what OS you are running....and could you let the system
automount just for a test?