Re: Linksys KiSS 1600 PC-LINK equivalent?

> Dick Holland wrote:
> > Anyone know of a Linux equivalent for the Linksys KiSS 1600 Win/MAC
> > PC-LINK product?
>
> Start by looking at Myth TV ( http://www.mythtv.org/ ) or LinuxMCE
> ( http://linuxmce.com/ ) I think you'll find links at both places
> for purchasing ready made systems.
>

> --
> Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.linuxha.com/                         Main site
> http://linuxha.blogspot.com/                    My HA Blog
> Author of:    	Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

TVM for the pointers. But I think they're not what I'm looking for.

The Linksys PC-LINK product is I think just a file-sharer that runs in
Win/MAC. I'm told that Windows Vista can do it automatically from Media
Player; I'm looking for a Linux equivalent of such file-sharing
software.

Someone mentioned somewhere "kissd", but it seems to be a dormant
project. Anyone had any experience with it?

--
Dick Holland