Re: network interface virbr0 ...what is it?

Ric Moore wrote:

Thanks! I'm running F7 and I'm not sure what package is in that "virtual
machine" group. Would that be something like zen? Is it doing any harm?
I just was wondering what the heck it was and network manager wasn't
showing or controlling it. Merry Xmas to everyone! Ric

Hi Ric,

I don't run F7 at the moment, but with F8 Virtualization Group, I see packages like Kernel-xen, kvm, qemu, xen. These are all different forms of virtualization. The bridge network would do any harm other than taking some extra memory space. 192.168 is a private network, so no one from the outside can get to it unless you configure your
router or iptables to forward the traffic.

I like a simple clean system, so I would remove the packages if I'm not doing
virtualization.

--
BH