Re: Networkmanager works ... 'service network start' locks up system

On Dec 23, 2007 7:02 PM, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a problem where the boot process will hang after initializing the
> network with service network start or if I had the service started in
> the runlevel. The problem does not happen if I allow NetworkManager do
> the networking.
>
> Where would this sort of bug be best filed? Is there a specific package
> to file a problem with service starting issues?
>
> Thanks!
> Jim

Hi Jim!

You probably already know what follows but it is prudent that I
mention this before I put what little I do know in the direction of
you filing a bug.

The NetworkManager and Network services are exclusive, they can/should
not be run together since they affect the same settings but are nearly
opposite in purpose.

You need to make one change to the following tutorial by using this link:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/easy_enter_bug.cgi

Ensted of the "beta" link mentioned in the text:

Have Fun!

Tod