kmail vs gmail smtp problem

Greetings;

I think, don't know for sure, if I have managed to straighten out a major
fubar at gmail, I found al my gmail being rruted through vz, and vz was back
to treating lkml as spam (again).

Logging in to my gmail account and hiting settings, I found there was a fwd
setup there, that I disabled, so now incoming is coming direct from gmail
again.

But, another problem has popped up here. kmail can query smpt.goggle.com and
get the encryption TLS and PlAIN as the settings it accepts.  And the passwd
& username are correct I believe.  But I can't send through that config.

Those of you who have been able to use your gmail send in kmail, I'd
appreciate any hints on what else to check.  I'm using port 587 to access
them from kmails send function.

Reception via fetchmail seems to be working ok.  But I can't send.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)