Re: Fedora Core 6 No More

Alan <alan <at> clueserver.org> writes:
> The hard part is switching over.  It is not quite a straight over upgrade.
>  (At least when I tried it.)  Is there a way to force CentOS to upgrade an
> FC6 install?

Not really, because several packages are newer in FC6 updates than in CentOS 5
(as RHEL/CentOS rarely gets version upgrades, Fedora often does), and Anaconda
doesn't support downgrades. If you wait for RHEL 6, you may be able to upgrade
from FC6 to that using the "upgradeany" option, but that's going to be an
awfully long wait with no security updates and it'll also be a big jump.

        Kevin Kofler