Re: Fedora Core 6 No More

"Rahul Tidke" wrote:

    I have been using fedora core 6 in production since its launch, I have
applied all the software and kernel updates till data using software
updater. As redhat/fedora announced its (core 6) end of life; I am doubtful
about continuing its use in future??
    I am satisfied with the performance so far, iptables and selinux
(enforcing/targeted) are configured properly.
My question is
 1) Shall I continue using this version or shall I upgrade to Fedora 8??
 2) What actually end of life means??
 3) Can I apply (kernel/software) updates after end of life?
4) Is there any security threat?

If you are happy with the application versions that FC6 included, almost exactly the same set is included in CentOS 5 which will be supported with security and bugfix updates for many more years, and the install and administration is nearly identical. I'd switch anything where having new features or the latest application versions is less important than stability and time required for maintenance.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx