Re: F8: Kernel update = no Wireless

Ivan Virgili wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
You put a kernel driver in the old kernel that let's your wireless work. Now you need to get a driver for the new kernel. As of now I haven't found anything the new kernel does better, so just go back to the old kernel for now.

Karl

Hi Karl,

I updated the kernel many times without having that problem and without installing a new driver for the wireless card. Both are RPM packages from Fedora anyway.

Thanks,

Ivan

Well it sounds like the kernel people are trying to maintain the proper functions for your wireless. I have a big old laptop with F7 on it and I had to get the mad-wify driver from a web page not fedora to get it to work. It was a pain and I do not upgrade the laptop so it keeps working :-)

The guy who told me I was wrong and wanted you to file a bug report must be a kernel expert. You might do that for him. He may need it.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User