Re: Seahorse vs Evolution ?

Hi;

For those interested.

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 13:43 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 19:22 -0500, William Case wrote:

> pam-keyring had a utility for changing keyring passwords.  Not sure if
> it's in gnome-keyring-pam, though.  You could install pam-keyring just
> to get that utility.

Used gnome-keyring-manager; View => keyrings; selected 'default';
Keyring => delete.  Closed the manager and it immediately asked for a
new default password. None of this is explained anywhere; just trial and
error.

??? On a new logging-in it again asked me for my keyring password. I
used the new password and that worked fine but it keeps asking me for my
ISP account passwords.  I filled in the request the first time.
Subsequently on logins when I cancel the ISP password request everything
works anyways -- doesn't make sense.

Also, a dialogue keeps poping-up informing that Evo wants access to my
keyring.  I click 'always' but it doesn't seem to stick.

Do I have to configure anything such as Bill LaGrue suggested?

Considering that keyrings are an important security matter,
documentation is sure thin on content.

--
Regards Bill