Re: keep xorg from auto-detecting

Brain Centipedes wrote:
Yes.  it's an ATi card, using the radeon driver.

On Dec 16, 2007 6:15 AM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx <mailto:tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 23:09:35 -0600
    "Brain Centipedes" <brain.centipedes@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:brain.centipedes@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    > So I edited xorg.conf, but X is ignoring the settings in
    > the conf file and still trying to detect things itself.

    Is this an ATI card using the radeon driver? If so, the
    current driver will utterly refuse to use user specified
    mode lines. I believer there is already an xorg bugzilla
    on this (and maybe even an upstream fix that hasn't made
    it to fedora updates yet).