Re: won't dual boot: 2 disks and LVM

On 2007/12/18 09:18 (GMT-0800) Rick Stevens apparently typed:

> Windows assumes it owns the entire computer.  This is a deliberate
> design of Windows, which is why it'll overwrite the MBR as well with
> absolutely no regard of what's already there.

Hmmm, where have we seen that before? Could it be Linux installers assuming
Grub belongs on the MBR, overwriting it "with absolutely no regard of what's
already there", unless, providing the installer offers you the option, you
elect to put it in a more respectful location? http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/grub
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409