Re: Japanese??

Hi,

I use Fedora6 and Windows.

For Windows, just go to Microsoft online update and install Asian
Language kit. Then set up additional language (japanese) by changing the
regional language option in Control panel. I assume he uses an English
OS, or at least non-Japanese OS. Because the base is an English OS, all
the menu titles and items will be shown up in English. So when you
install Japanese software, all the words in installation windows are
unreadable (unless you use some character set conversion, I am not
sure). Another option is to purchase a multilingual windows OS available
from Microsoft.

For Linux, just install Japanese language kit using "yum install" or
"add/remove software" under application. What you have to do then is
that after finishing the installation of Japanese language kit he may
restart Linux. Then, log in as usual. If English is the main language
for Linux, then you can change languages by holding [ctrl] and [space
bar]: that will show up a Japanese language task bar. Then start typing
Japanese in Roma-ji. You can switch back and forth languages by pressing
[ctrl] and [space bar] at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Taka