Re: End of F8 install -- frustratation !

On Dec 16, 2007 7:11 PM, William Case <billlinux@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Just fresh installed F8.  Everything went well. (Well, something has to
> be done about F8 picking the wrong resolution for display at first boot
> and fix the HWCursor off bug.  But that wasn't difficult to fix from run
> 3, if one knew about it.)
>
> However, I have run into one/two last things to fix or adjust.  It has
> never happened before and I have spent most of the day on these two
> problems.  I am sure all I need is a nudge in the right direction.
>
> 1) When I first login I get a dialogue that doesn't let me proceed until
> I put in a password that I just made up on the spot.
> "Enter password for default keyring to unlock"  What keyring -- its new
> to me.  The rest of the message is:
> "The application 'evolution' (/usr/bin/evolution) wants access to the
> default keyring, but it is locked".  I betja it wants access.  What
> keyring and how do I unlock it.
>
> 2) My second problem may be related, from root's mail:
> "Subject: Cron <apache@CASE> cd /usr/share/bugzilla && env LANG=C
>  /usr/share/bugzilla/whine.pl"
> "Can't connect to the database.
> Error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> +'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
>   Is your database installed and up and running?
>   Do you have the correct username and password selected in
> localconfig?"
>
> If this just means I have to re-set up mySQL, that I can do.
>
> --
> Regards Bill
>
> --

Hi Bill!

#1. The password for your keyring was probably set around the time you
set up your wireless device on the machine which is probably using
WPA.  The program I think this is talking about is called "pam" (pam -
Pluggable Authentication Modules for Linux - see: "man pam").  It
seems a bit strange that evolution wants access?  Others may
understand why.

#2.  My guess is that you are on the right track.

Have Fun!

Tod