Re: F8 install failure again & again

On 2007/12/16 14:28 (GMT) Alan Cox apparently typed:

> Felix Miata wrote:

>> It used to be that PATA was not SATA was not SCSI was not USB, and we could
>> distinguish which was which by their names. Now since libata, PATA = SATA =

> Trouble is USB is SCSI over a different cable, ATAPI is SCSI over an ATA
> cable, SATA is PATA over a different wire and often you can't tell one
> from the other (or people use PATA/SATA bridges)...

I can tell by looking at them. ;-)

> If your rootfs is labelled rather than /dev/hd* it should all just work,
> and it should certainly load the ata_piix module into the initrd.

I built a new initrd and redirected stdout & stderr to a file. ata_piix is in
it. http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/tmp/mkinitrd.scr
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/tmp/mkinitrd-fc8.txt

> Can you send me an lspci -vvxxx of the system.

http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/tmp/lspcivvxxx-gx150.txt

Probably moot though. I noticed boot errors about the disk being smaller than
it is and failure to read sectors. PowerMax says the 7 year old HD is
failing. I'll report again after trying another HD.
--
"   Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409