Re: Cups problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Tim wrote:
One opens a web browser, and tries getting the local CUPS website to
show, either by browsing to http://localhost:631 or http://127.0.0.1:631
(they're the same thing).
Unless he fixed his /etc/hosts file, they may not the same thing. He
had two entries for localhost, with two different IP addresses. I
think it uses the first match, but I am not sure. It wounder if the
problem is that CUPS is configured to only allow administrator
logins from 127.0.0.1, but because of the hosts problem, he is
connecting on the 192.168.x.x address. (I don't remember the IP
address.)

I have been skipping a lot of the messages in this thread because
they couldn't be bothered to trim their replies... So this may have
been fixed by now.

Mikkel
My /etc/hosts file.

#
127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.0.1     reddwarf.localdomain    reddwarf
david