Re: Cups problem

david walcroft wrote:
Aaron Konstam wrote:
I've done a "rpm -e --nodeps cups" then "yum install cups" and got to the point where thunderbird and firefox send a print request to my HP PSC 2110 but is not printed out.
I still cannot open "localhost 631" 'Unable to connect'.
----
how about in firefox...

http://localhost:631

?

Craig

comes up with "Unable to connect"

    david
It seems to me there are only two possibilities:
1. cupsd is not running. What does : ps aux -columns 256 |grep cupsd
return/
2. Your /etc/hosts file does not define a localhost. Use the ip number
of ypur machine rather than localhost.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. -- Carl Sagan

Could you give me an example of /etc/hosts file please

ps aux -columns 256 |grep cupsd

[david@reddwarf ~]$ ps aux -columns 256 |grep cupsd
ERROR: Unknown user-defined format specifier "lumns".
********* simple selection ********* ********* selection by list *********
-A all processes                      -C by command name
-N negate selection -G by real group ID (supports names)
-a all w/ tty except session leaders  -U by real user ID (supports names)
-d all except session leaders -g by session OR by effective group name
-e all processes                      -p by process ID
T  all processes on this terminal     -s processes in the sessions given
a  all w/ tty, including other users  -t by tty
g OBSOLETE -- DO NOT USE -u by effective user ID (supports names)
r  only running processes             U  processes for specified users
x  processes w/o controlling ttys     t  by tty
*********** output format ********** *********** long options ***********
-o,o user-defined  -f full            --Group --User --pid --cols --ppid
-j,j job control   s  signal          --group --user --sid --rows --info
-O,O preloaded -o  v  virtual memory  --cumulative --format --deselect
-l,l long          u  user-oriented   --sort --tty --forest --version
-F   extra full    X  registers       --heading --no-heading --context
                   ********* misc options *********
-V,V  show version      L  list format codes  f  ASCII art forest
-m,m,-L,-T,H  threads   S  children in sum    -y change -l format
-M,Z  security data     c  true command name  -c scheduling class
-w,w  wide output       n  numeric WCHAN,UID  -H process hierarchy
[david@reddwarf ~]$
What is the command to show the daemons under "service"

david