Re: Cups problem

Timothy Murphy wrote:
david walcroft wrote:

I only have a "Administration' => 'Printing' in "KDE --> settings -->
printers "
and it only sets up a fax system,if I go to "kDE control--> center -->
peripherals--> printers"
wont work because it cannot access "localhost:631.
I hope this answer helps you as I find it difficult to follow all the
postings.

It's amazing to me that this apparently endless thread
seems to be entirely due to the fact that
YOU DO NOT HAVE cupsd RUNNING.

If you did, you would see the CUPS web-page
if you gave entered http://localhost:631 in your browser.

I do have cupsd running as shown previously.

My present problem is getting it to accetp the root password

david