Re: Fedora's spamassassin frontend ??

: I am having a problem with spamassassin registering a false positive.  I
: have tried to whitelist (unjunk) a particular individual whose name?
: always seems to be junked.  They are a good friend and I don't want to
: keep losing their mail.  I am using Evolution 2.10.3 with spamassassin
: 3.2.3.
:
: If someone knows how to solve this problem I will stop here.
:
: If I can get a SA gui from the Fedora Repo that doesn't interfere with
: Evolution, I will try that.  I prefer a gui for this job because it's
: not something I will have to do often.

I use GUIs for very little and I don't use evolution at all so this
may be of no help.  But I suggest you look in
~/.spamassassin/user_prefs to see if it contains a line like

whitelist_from   your_friend@your_friends_domain

On my system the presence of such a line starts my SPAM score out at
-100 for that incoming message.  Mail must pass a threshold of 4.5 to
be tagged as spam so the mail must contain a wopping lot of indicators
for this to happen. (It never has, so far.)  Here's the Spam-Status
line from a message from a Whitelisted person on my system:

	USER_IN_WHITELIST autolearn=disabled version=3.2.3

Note the presence of USER_IN_WHITELIST.  Does yours have that?

It my case the Bayesian test pulled the score below -100, because it
judged it to be non-spam from other factors.  But even a Bayes score
of "100% spam" only adds 4.3 points to the total (on my system).
(Being entirely HTML adds another 4.5.)

: Can someone suggest a spamassassin gui that I can download from the
: Fedora 7 repo and that will fix this problem?  The spamassassin site
: recommends several front ends but I couldn't find any of them on the
: Fedora add programs list (pirut).

It's easy to edit your user_prefs file and insert that one line under
the comment.

Dean