Re: F8 install failure at xinit

On Saturday 15 December 2007, Craig White wrote:
>On Sat, 2007-12-15 at 00:00 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> >----
>> >Personally, I'd start over.
>> >
>> >you probably could do a reboot with all the same install parameters and
>> >it would probably continue on from where it left off, you could probably
>> >do a linux rescue boot, chroot, manually finish (at least 'yum
>> >groupupdate Base') and run grub-install but I would want a new/clean
>> >install to start with disrepair.
>> >
>> >Craig
>>
>> I just found a newer bios for my now elderly Biostar M7NCD Pro mobo, and
>> will put that in first & then try it tomorrow when the old fart is a
>> little fresher.  Hopefully that will make an offboard /boot partition
>> possible.
>
>----
>where the /boot partition is located should be of little consequence
>because the bootloader code needs to be on the first drive's mbr and
>grub can locate a /boot partition in any drive at that point.
>
>Craig

Even if its sata on an accessory card the bios can't see?  The F8 installer
did call it sda though.   Call me puzzled for the time being, with a error
of -ENOTENOUGHCOFFEE, I was 5:30 am getting the FC6 back to bootable due to
the 400mhz FSB default of the newer bios.  Trashed everything.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)