Re: Boot problem

vinod gullu wrote:
> Hello,
> I had FC4 and Win-XP installed on my laptop. Now was
> trying to use the same laptop HD through USB on other
> system with USB as the 1st boot option for booting.
> But The booting gave error after the GRUB menu screen.
> It says error 5: wrong partitioning table....Waht
> could be the solution to rectify this.
> Kind regards,

Some more detail would help. Do you get the error before or after
selecting from the menu? If after selecting from the menu, are you
trying to boot Windows or Linux? Does the selected OS start to boot
before giving you the error?

In any case, chances are good that you will not be able to boot
Windows from the USB drive. Windows is not expecting to on a USB
drive, and will be using the wrong drivers to access the file
system. Linux will have the same problem, but that can be fixed by
building a new initrd, replacing the IDE/SATA driver with the
usb_storage driver. I am not sure, but you may need to add USB
drivers as well.

Mikkel