Re: fedora and notebooks?

Dean S. Messing wrote:

I took think the pad is a wee bit sensitive to the touch when I'm
banging away at the keyboard.  Sometimes my thumb will brush it and
(at least w/in emacs) the "point" will just to where the cursor sits
and I'm now entering text in the wrong place.  Thank goodness for the
powerful "undo" features of emacs.   Solution: thumbs up!

Touchpads are misnamed; they don't require touch. There's some kind of proximity detector involved.

(I also learned to type on my mom's old Remington, with the green
plastic keys.  What a great old piece of machinery!)

Imperials were rather popular in my youth. At the bank, at certain times of the day, we queued for the NCR full-keyboard adding machine. We became adept at adding in our head, two columns of digits at once. I started a week after we went to decimal currency, I have no idea how they managed LSD.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait