Re: list subject

On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 14:26:15 -0600,
  Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Must be different lists.  I can understand wanting to default to
> off-list replies on certain topics, but not for technical lists.  And I
> count the complaints from people who don't like the CC: that everyone
> gets when the reply-to isn't adjusted back to the list and you have to
> reply-all to make it work at all as being in favor of the re-write.

There is a programatic way to request not to be cc'd on followups. You
can use the mail-followup-to header.

Some list servers (I don't remember about mailman specifically) have a setting
to not send you a copy from the list server if your email address is listed in
one of the recipient headers. This solution has problems though.